Please take some time to reflect and acknowledge the pain and suffering that happened today, the worst school shooting in our country’s history. Please pray for the victims and their families during this horrible tragedy. Be watchful for opportunities and ways that you can help those in need during this time.
“One of the greatest discoveries is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.”
Some of the most meaningful things we hear are the sentences or phrases that hold some truth. They provide us something to think about. Here are several more that I’ve collected to think on. I hope they are helpful and thought-provoking to you as well. This is part 2 of a 2 week series, so if you’re still hungry check out lasts weeks post for more Food for Thought.
- One thing I can give and still keep is my word.
- Compromise is always wrong when it means sacrificing principle.
- Most people say they are willing to meet each other halfway; trouble is most people are pretty poor judges of distance.
- If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.
- Most people aim to do right; they just fail to pull the trigger.
- Most people fail in life because the wishbone is where the backbone should be.
- Courage is not the absence of fear; it is the mastery of it.
- Friendship doubles our joy and divides our grief.
- Happiness can be thought, taught and caught — but not bought.
- Burying your talents is a grave mistake.
- Praise, like sunlight, helps all things to grow.
- Life gives you time and space — it’s up to you to fill it.
- The heaviest thing I can carry is a grudge.
- A stumble may prevent a fall.
- Failure is no more fatal than success is permanent.